“I’m Sexy & I Know It”
Alright ladies. Here it is… the white elephant in the room. I’m talking about the ‘B’ word. (No, not that ‘B’ word.) Boudoir shoots. Also known as your man’s wildest dreams come true. The fact that you are even considering a boudoir shoot would probably make your man salivate at the mouth like Pavlov’s dog if he knew, but we’ll keep it on the hush because these sessions make awesome surprises. A beautiful album filled with stunning photos of you…Can you say Best. Gift. Ever.
So you’ve booked your photographer. Now what? Make the most of your appointment. This starts way before you arrive, so here is our advice:
1. Be comfortable in your own body. I’m sure many photographers would agree, this is the most important of them all. Eat right, exercise, and be happy. Love the life you live. Be thankful for your blessings. Love the body you have. You are beautiful!
On the day of your session, try and relax. We know EVERYONE starts out nervous, but we promise – you will relax. Don’t think for one minute that this is awkward for us as your photographer… it’s just another workday, doing what we love – showing you how great you look.
2. Get there early. Nothing is worse than stress, and trust me, it’ll be written all over your face when you show up to your session sweaty and out of breath after running around to get there. Give yourself plenty of time.
3. Wear loose clothing to the shoot. The last thing you want are sports bra lines or EWBL (that’s ‘elastic waist band line’, for you acronym novices). Again… getting there early gives you time for these lines to fade. Better yet, if you can muster it, go commando.
4. Eat smart, and drink lots of water in the weeks leading up to your photo shoot. Eating the right foods and drinking lots of water will give you a healthy glow from the inside out. You’ll look better, you’ll feel better… This is a no-brainer.
5. Bring lots of outfit options. We like to say at 3 – 5. Even though we may not use everything at least we have choices. And shoes, bring a few pairs. Bring clothing for different moods, so that you’re guaranteed to feel good in something, depending on what mood you’re in that day. Bring something sweet and innocent, bring something a little racy… Make the most of your time!
6. Watch the hair! If you’re doing your hair and makeup before the shoot (we highly recommend it… and why not? It will help you feel beautiful and add to your “supermodel” experience!), arrive in a button-down shirt so you don’t mess up your gorgeous ‘do.
7. Wear a gel deodorant. Not the chalky white stuff, ’cause that ain’t sexy.
8. Play music during the shoot. We generally do this anyway, without question, but feel free to bring some of your own favourites to help you relax!
9. Find pictures and poses you like first. Have an idea of what you like to do when you come in. We will give you direction and tweak your poses. They may feel odd, but it’s all about how the final image looks. Wait until you see how awesome that really awkward-feeling pose looks in the finished product.
10. If your nerves get the best of you, bring a friend. Having someone with you can sometimes help ease nerves. Bring a girlfriend along if you would like (sorry no guys – it ruins the vibe!) and she can help out with moral support and that extra boost of confidence.
So a few simple tips that can help take your photos to the next level! Always feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns to help your session go better!